Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I just got this email from my brother John... the brother who used to give me my Christmas present in a brown paper bag.

But I can identify so much with it:

Twas the night before Christmas and when all through the house,
Not a card had been sent,
The stockings were not hung the tree was not even up,
I jumped in my car and dashed out to Walmart to buy cards,
The lines were too long so I cracked open my computer,
In hopes everyone would accept my email card and poem,
I knew in a moment that all would receive their email card,
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And I whistled and shouted, and inserted their names,
(insert names here)
and all those we carry in our hearts!!

WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

We have been really busy getting Soggy Paws ready for the open sea. Our date with destiny is Jan 7, which is only 2 weeks from now! And we are spending this week with Nicki in Cuenca, Ecuador.

We never put up a Christmas tree, and we hardly listened to Christmas music. We are on teh Equator (almost) and it's been hot and very un-Christmas-like. We got to Cuenca too late to watch the annual Christmas parade. But we have family here, and we know our friends and family in the U.S. and all over the world, are thinking about us, as we are about them.

We are so grateful for the internet, Facebook, email, and blogs!!!

Merry Christmas to all, from Ecuador.

Sherry & Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment