Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Retired!!

I had a beachwalk and an omlette for breakfast. What a great way to start the day!

Unfortunately rather than relaxing and napping and reading books for the rest of the day, we have a hectic day and a hectic month ahead of us... getting married this weekend, the cabinet guys come next Tuesday (meaning I have to have new appliances on the way and my kitchen emptied by by Monday). And the renovation crew for the rest of the condo shows up the following week (meaning the rest of the house needs to be emptied and we are supposed to be moved onto the boat!)

The wedding seems mostly under control... mostly because we are pushing hard to keep it very small and very simple. And also because my friend Cheryl and my Women's Crew are doing all the organizing of the 'reception' afterward. Cheryl has cleaned up her patio and garden and we're hosting it there, and Cheryl's doing most of the organizing of food. We only have about 30 people coming, all very close friends and family, so it should be an easy time. We got the marriage license yesterday, the rings (ordered online from a custom jewelry place) came in on Friday. What more do you need but friends, a license, and a ring? Good weather?... I've got my forecaster friend Winnie working on a nice afternoon. Current forecast looks good. 78 degrees and only a slight chance of rain.

We are heading over to St. Pete (Largo) this afternoon... I am trying to finish my Towing Endorsement and Sail Endorsement for my 50-Ton Masters License. Submitting it altogether as one package saves a little money. So I had the towing class last night in Melboure and the sail class tonight in St. Pete, and a test on Weds. Then all I need to do is submit the paperwork to the Coast Guard (and wait).

No comments:

Post a Comment