Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yard Work - Day 3

The main project yesterday was to get the 2 Frigoboat Keel Coolers installed. Dave had previously found the best location for each Keel Cooler--they have to be within 5 feet of the compressor, and well below the waterline.

Dave Feeds the New Keel Cooler Lines Up Through the Hole

This whole process, which we'll detail separately on our website, went well. Here's pics of one of them installed, from the outside and the inside.

Keel Cooler from Outside

Keel Cooler from Inside

I spent a good part of the day doing more touch-up on the bottom paint, and installing some of the underwater fittings we had taken off to clean and paint.

Our Greased Propeller

I was also assigned the task of greasing the prop. I tried to do it with gloves on, but the grease is so hard that I finally had to shed the gloves and dig in with bare hands. Then it took 4 washings of my hands with pure dish soap before I got the sticky feeling off my hands.

The final task was cleaning the yard dirt off our tools and stuff, and putting everything back aboard--getting ready for a 7am 'launch time' (~20 trips up and down the ladder).

No comments:

Post a Comment